Top tips for keeping refrigeration systems up and running all year round
1. Keep condensers clean and clear of blockages, and
2. Check and replace seals (gaskets) if necessary.
3. Don’t let staff exceed load levels of the cabinet or Coldroom
4. Don’t persistently leave the door/s open.
5. Check you have commercial grade refrigeration equipment designed to operate at the required ‘climate class’. If your equipment is designed to operate at 32°C, you can’t expect it to cope in ambient temperatures of 43°C.
6. Staff misuse of equipment is the most common reason for equipment breakdown. Be sure that staff are fully trained and follow manufacturer’s guidelines on day-to-day maintenance.
7. In terms of minimising the risk of breakdown, the best solution is a planned preventative maintenance service contract.